California Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney
Motor vehicle accidents are prevalent across the country, resulting in as many as 34,080 mortalities in 2012, indicating a 4.35% escalation from the past year. Even if you follow all traffic laws and wear your seatbelt, you are still at risk of an auto collision.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in California, you may be eligible to seek compensation for the damages you incurred as a result of the accident.
In order to do this, two things must be successfully established:
- Liability (arising out of the duty of care owed by the defendant, and its subsequent breach)
- Damages (the severity of injuries sustained by the plaintiff)
The most common forms of negligence that cause motor vehicle accidents include but are not limited to:
- Excessive speed
- Distracted driving
- Driving impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Failure to provide vehicle with adequate maintenance
- Defective vehicle components
A specific standard of care must be maintained by motorists. Your injuries may be attributed to an inattentive and careless conduct behind the wheel. If negligence is found to have caused or contributed to a motor vehicle accident that has injured you, the parties responsible may be held liable for damages, including:
- Costs incurred on medical bills, rehabilitation and property damage
- Wage loss
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life and consortium
If the accident resulted in a death, dependent(s) or survivor(s) may have a right to file a wrongful death suit.
At Gabriel & Associates, we have extensive experience working with clients who have been gravely and catastrophically injured in motor vehicle accidents. We can provide you with the legal support you need in order to obtain the maximum restitution award in your case. Call now for a free consultation at (562) 436-9292, or dial our toll-free number (800) 801-7221.